1970 Ford Mustang Fastback MACH1 – M-code 351Cu V8 – Restored
Price & features
Price: € 52500
Model: Mustang Fastback
First registration date: 1 February 1970
Power kW: 223
Power HP: 300
Engine: V8 – 5800cc Ford Cleveland (351Cu)
Share this car
Mister Mustang offers this very original and solid fully restored 1970 Mustang Fastback MACH1 - M code - with 351Cu (5.8L) Cleveland V8 mated to a sporty 4-speed optional manual gearbox, equipped with all options supplied from the factory. Marti report is available and confirms that the version and options list are authentic and completely 'matching numbers'.
M-code 351Cu Clevelands were the most powerful small block delivered on Mustangs in the 1970s. (300 HP from the factory, yes even more power than a BOSS 302) and therefore quite rare.
The nice thing about this iconic classic is that the entire history has been documented from the first delivery of the car out of the factory, with all invoices for maintenance/restoration/upgrades being neatly kept in a thick folder, called the ‘’treasure-map’’. The car was first delivered to the Tucker family in 1970 and has been in the same family ever since. Now taken over by Gerard Tucker (son of the 1st owner) and lovingly preserved as a ‘’family-piece’’ in the garage.
In 2013, Gerard Tucker had the car completely restored to new condition, with the entire original engine being rebuilt. We are not talking about a minor overhaul, but the entire block has received a full overhaul, including new original parts, new pistons, new valves, etc., etc. All receipts are present and the engine overhaul has already cost USD 6,800 (invoices available with run-test reports). Restoration and overhaul together amount well over 20K+ USD.
After restoration, the MACH1 has just been driven for a couple of 1000 miles and the car is still in it’s new condition as after at the time the restauration was completed. A real beauty and absolute showcar!!.
Specifications and other details:
- optional M-code factory 300 HP V8 power source with 4 barrel Edelbrock automatic choke carburetor. The strongest Cleveland 351Cu (5.8L) V8 engine block with high compression that can run at high revs
- Powder coated ALU high volume valve covers
- PETRONIX Ignitor electronic ignition
- Airscoop hood with integrated flashing light indicators
- Optional manual 4-speed top loader manual gearbox with HURST gear lever with Pistol handle and quick shift kit
- Front Disc brakes 12" discs
All MACH1 options and special parts
- Mach1 spotlights in grille
- Mach1 rear spooler
- Mach1 double oval mufflers
- Mach1 honeycomb rear panel tail lamps
- Mach1 stickers all around
- Mach1 aluminum wide rocker panels side
- Mach1 high rise sports seats
- Mach1 Folding Gas Cap
- Deluxe interior with luxurious door panels and wooden inlay dashboard
- Center Console with armrest
- Tachometer on steering column
- Well-functioning original FM radio with 4 speakers (2 can be removed from the parcel shelf)
- Owner's booklet with original jack/spare wheel
Furthermore, this classic received new wide rims/tires (BF Goodrich white letter tires on Magnum 500 steel rims), front size 225/70R14, rear 235/65/R14.
Nowadays the MACH1 69-70 Fastbacks are very popular and in this version with the strongest small-block V8, with all factory options, also a rarity. This MACH1 looks beautiful and still looks fresh after a complete restoration 12 years ago, 100% rust-free.
This genuine muscle car is a pleasure to drive, with tight steering and always enough power with an fantastic roaring and howling V-8 sound. The exhaust has been chosen in such a way that the sound is deep and dark without being oversounded.
The car has been technically completely checked, everything works properly and you can enjoy it for a long time without any worries!
We deliver this Mach1 with a new Dutch registration, but we also offer the option of delivering the car to your home with any desired European registration plate (DE/BE/other).