1968 Ford Mustang Fastback 351Cu Cleveland - Shelby Clone - C code - Full restoration
Price & features
Model: Mustang Fastback
Bodystyle: Fastback – Shelby GT500 style
First registration date: 1 February 1968
Power kW: 261
Color: Midnight Blue
Engine: V8 – 5702 c Ford Cleveland (351cu)
Share this car
Mister-Mustang and Velocity Classics jointed forces and are now offering the most seeked classic muscle car : a real 1968 Mustang fastback – C code, built as a GT500 Shelby. These model mustangs become rare these days and this full restored classic is an absolute masterpiece with special features.
This car received a high-quality restoration and has been build as a Shelby Clone, present like new. This Mustang started life as a very solid 1968 C code fastback. The car underwent an extensive restoration. Very solid undercarriage, frame and body. Hi end fiberglass Shelby components were installed to give a Shelby look to the finished product. Basecoat clearcoat very good quality straight body and paint. Car was sandblasted, epoxy primed and recieved a 5 layer base/clear coat paint which has been polished to mirror-like finishing. Most all exterior trim/chrome is new. New weatherstripping throughout at the time of restoration. Interior is in very nice shape and received many new components during the restoration including Upholstery carpet headliner Dash etc..
Car received a professionally build 350+HP 351cu V8 Cleveland engine, mated to a 4 speed Toploader transmission, power steering, disc brakes and excellent sounding exhaust.
Some features of the car:
- Fibreglass hood, front fender, trunkhood in Shelby GT500 style
- Glassfiber painted side ducts
- Center Console with temp/fuel gauges
- Deluxe aluminium dashboard and doorpanels
- Wooden Shelby original steering wheel
- Power steering
- Autometer big 5inch customized instruments in dashboard (RPM and electronic Speedometer)
- Mallory ignition system
- Mild built 351Cu Cleveland racing engine, very drivable and built to use on public roads/traffic
- Milodon 6 Quarts racing front sump oil pan
- single carb DEMON carburetor 750CFM 4 barrel with nice alu die-casted COBRA aircleaner
- Powered(not shown in pictures yet) front disc brakes
- Strong 9 Inch rear axle with positive traction differential
- 17 inch American Racing Shelby VN27 aluminum wheels (>2250 Euro costs for wheels alone)
- 235/45/17 Front tires and big Rear 255/40/17 tyres
- Hurst Shifter for 4 speed Manual toploader transmission
- Ceramic coated Headers with custom 2.5inch mandrel bended stainless steel exhaust
Runs, drives and looks amazing and is a pure showcar, just a blast to drive and attracts lots of attention!
A vehicle of this caliber could easily be listed on the well known trading platforms, priced at Euro 95K or more… first come first served.