1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 289Cu – V8 – C code – New race performance engine installed (415+HP)
Price & features
Price: € 32450
Model: Mustang Convertible
First registration date: 20 May 1965
Power kW: 310
Color: Blue with Red Le-Mans striping
Engine: V8 – 5680cc Ford Windsor (347Cu)
Share this car
Performance 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, build to drive like a modern sportscar with good handling characteristics, sporting a mild build 347Cu Stroker race engine with 415+HP and mated to an automatic C4 rebuild transmission.
All the components on the car have been upgraded to cope with the higher horsepower, like beefed up transmission, rear 9 inch Ford axle with semi-locking differential, stiffer suspension, 4 wheel discbrakes and Wilwood power brake master cylinder. Most importantly; this mustang still drives comfortable with good smooth running idle.
No expenses spared to build a proper performance classic car for on the public street, by using the best components you could find on the marketplace. This car was rebuild by end of 2016 and received a completed new drivetrain by using the original main block.
Please find the below detailed specs of the car.
If you are looking for a solid mustang fastback, with lots of drivable horsepower and superb steering characteristics this is your classic.
All chrome work has been renewed. All the technical components on this mustang, including engine/transmission/entire drivetrain/axles/cooling/suspension/etc. have been installed by end of 2016. Doortags/VIN# are all present and ”matching-numbers’.
The previous owner (Florida) was the main engineer at the port of Miami to maintain the multi-million dollar yachts and as his hobby he build this car over a period of 3 years.
The interior of the car is fresh and seats and upholstery are all in good condition. The panels and optional center console have been custom upholstered with blue leather. New front window, dashpad and doorpanels recently installed. Car has a nice working Retrosound 4 speaker Radio. All glass looks good to excellent, no damages.
The outside of the car is not in concourse state, but rather at daily drivers quality. The frame and body is solid and some small rust spots are present on the corners of the door and at lower quarter sections that needs some minor attention to drive this car over time. Overall this car is a blast to drive and very reliable. The perfect daily driver with power, you will not find such a car for the price we are asking! Keep in mind that the drivetrain alone was over 12.500 USD and a full treasure map belong to the car, which includes over 100+ invoices and documents, detailing out what has been installed on the car
List of work/components used:
– New ”BUILD” 347Cu V-8 Windsor small block, 415+HP, engine equipped with best components you could find, allowing block to run at very high revs (6500 RPM)
– Forged Speed-Pro Hypereutectic Pistons
– CompCams Xtreme Energy camshaft with mild grind (still good idle but also for higher revs)
– Chrome moly pushrods
– All FELPRO gaskets
– All bearings in the motor from CLEVITE
– TrickFlow Twisted Wedge 170 Aluminum Cylinder heads (compression of the engine is now 1:10, so you are able to use Euro 95 unleaded fuel)
– CompCams Ultra Pro Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
– Ford high volume oil pump
– Billet Distributor ‘’steel gear’’ with electronic pickup and 8mm Silicone MSD Plugwires
– Edelbrock alu waterpump
– WEIAND Street warrior performance aluminum intake
– Holley Street Avenger 750CFM 4-barrel carburetor with automatic choke
– Edelbrock high-volume fuel pump
– All stainless steel ARP engine bolts
– Ford Motorsport alu valve covers
– Performance Aluminum CHAMPION 3 Row cooling radiator
– HEDMAN Long Tube headers with 3 inch collectors
– Borgeson new close ratio steering box
– ‘’Needle Bearing’’ Idler Arm Kit
- Front SSBC Drilled and slotted front disc brakes 12 Inch with 4 piston Keynes Hayes front brake calipers
- Rear SSBC 9” Big Bearing 11Inch solid disc brakes with parking brake kit
- 7Inch power brake booster with WILWOOD aluminum 1inch Master Brake cylinder
- ST Adjustable Strut Rod Kit front suspension A-arm
- Grab-a-track subframe connectors
- Heavy duty mid-eye 5 blade rear springs
- KONI front and rear shocks
- Street and strip performance valve body for C4 automatic transmission
- Powerflex Fan and Fanshroud
- Billet brake and accelerator pedals
- LOKAR accelerator and transmission BILLET cables
- 5 Inch dual exhaust with H Balance pipe and 2 Magnaflow exhausts
- 16x8J American Racing Aluminum polished wheels – Torque Thrust
- Soft compound 225/50R16 tyres – Firestone Firewalk Ultra
- Grant Leather Steering Wheel
- Sunpro 8K Steering column Tachometer