1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 289Cu GT – C code – Full concours restoration
Price & features
Price: € 49850
Model: Mustang Convertible
First registration date: 1 February 1965
Power kW: 183
Power HP: 245
Engine: V8 – 4744cc Ford Windsor (289Cu)
Share this car
The early Mustang Fastbacks are true American pony car icons and always one of the hottest cars on the market. This Fastback lets you show your good taste and stand out from the crowd with it’s the classic color of burgundy red, combined with gray matt stipes and Torque Trust D American Racing wheels.
Kindly note these gray stripes could be removed (wrap) and this mustang could also be delivered with the original 14inch Styled Steel Wheels if required to meet the original classic look in the old days.
The full rotisserie (nut&bolt) restoration of this great original C-Code 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback with GT options has been completed by beginning of 2020 by a professional classic car restoration shop and rebuild to absolute highest quality standards(concourse) using all 100% new original number matching Ford parts(FOMOCO). The car has been restored to absolute identical standards at the time the car came out of the factory, (engine/specs are all matching numbers ) and an incredible amount of attention and detail has been put in this car during the restoration. Total cost to build this classic Fastback was s exceeding well over the current asking price. I encourage you to see all the detailed pictures and some movies I posted and uploaded on the following link:
TO SEE 100+ PICTURES OF THE CAR VISIT:
THE PICTURES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!
The car is standard equipped with the optional AIRCONDITION system, though also fitted with GT options available in 1965: the GT performance suspension package(including full glossy painted 1 inch front roll bar) , GT exhaust with 2xdual chrome trumpets, GT fog lamps, Wooden deluxe Steering Wheel, as well as power front disc brakes, though these have now been upgraded with 12 inch WILWOOD 4 piston brake callipers). Door tag and chassis number all matches correct specifications. Power is provided by the original rebuild 289CU V8-4V (245HP) with a Ford Performance Aluminum high-volume intake and 4 barrel HOLLEY 650cfm performance carburetor, backed up by the new rebuild original C4 automatic 3 speed transmission.
The basic body was rock solid to start the rebuild. This car has been completely rotisserie restored (from ground-up/inside-out) and detailed and it runs and drives great. Literally every part, including but not limited to nuts&bolts, windows, chrome, rubbers, electronics, all interior (incl. seats, door panels) and exterior parts are all BRAND new and/or fully restored to original condition. The interior is refurbished in the original black Crinkle Vinyl colour. The body is straight as an arrow and the paint and the undercarriage looks amazing and is in pristine condition. The body has been media blasted, epoxy primed and received a base/clear coated paint. The paint has been applied in multiple layers and shows extremely deep and slick.
Running on great looking classic American Racing wheels Torque Trust D wheels and wide tires(front 225/50/R15, rear 245/45/R16) the car needs absolutely nothing and is a full show car in concourse state.
All metal work and assembly was done the right way so that the restoration of this car would last a lifetime. 65 Mustang Fastbacks with GT option packages are second only to Mustangs Shelby’s in desirability and value today and a guaranteed solid investment.
This car is garaged in our showroom, The Netherlands, running on Dutch license plates and could be delivered with any European license plate (incl. H-kennzeichen). Please come to see the car to witness the high quality of work that has been put in the full restoration. We are a high-level Mustang muscle car specialist located in West Netherlands (company Mister-Mustang)
If you want a brand new performance factory V8 Fastback under 60K Euro this is your car!
As list of specific details of the car:
- The first original operators manual is still available, filled in with all the details of first owner and dealer who delivered the car first hand
- Operators manual contains all service records from day 1
- The 2nd owner from 1967 – 2020 has recorded all the maintenance and repair details into a small booklet
- Original AM radio is still working and in pristine condition
- Reconditioned and working original ford mustang AIRCO system
- Engine hoses are all breaded steel lining
- Upgraded with Petronix electronic ignition and yellow-top ignition coil
- New 65Amp polished alternator
- New HOLLEY High volume fuel pump
- New High volume polished water pump
- New black powdercoated 4-core cooling radiator
- All pulleys of engine belts are of the billet alu polished type(300 Euro + value)
- New Chrome suspension struts
- New upgraded lower control arms suspension
- WILWOOD 4 piston brake callipers with stainless steel braided brake lining
- 1inch heavier front anti-roll stabilizer bar
- Wooden Shelby style shifter stick
- Fold down rear deck, all new chrome and carpet
- Spare tire in trunk
- Grey LeMans stripes are decals, so could be removed if required
- Wheels and tyres could be replaced by a new set of the original mounted 14inch Styled Steel Wheels with BF Goodrich Radial T/A white letter tyres
- 25inch dual mandrel bended exhaust stainless steel with 2 dual ‘’trumpet’’-style exhaust tips
- All metalwork is original, no welding!!
- All new shock absorbers 4 corners
Warranty Number: 5F09C327209
5 = year 1965
F = Dearborn, Michigan factory
09 = 2+2 Fastback model
C= Windsor small block V8 engine
327209 = Unit#